Monday, March 23, 2009

**Welcome**

To understand my blog you must understand these things about me...

1. I am working on my Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy. Upon completion I will be a licensed marriage and family therapist and licensed professional clinical counselor. I will be able to provide therapeutic services to individuals, groups, couples, families, and children on a wide variety of topics including marriage counseling, sex therapy, substance abuse, crisis intervention, career counseling, etc.

2. This is the reason for the creation of this blog. My eyes are being opened, and my mind is being challenged in each and every class I take. Needless to say, there are many thoughts floating around up there. I needed a place to reel everything in, and I wanted to share the truly invaluable information coming to me. I also wanted to here what everyone else has to say. So, here we are.

3. You might see a trend in my blogs. My fascination in this process is with relationships, and I'm not just referring to the romantic ones. Relationships are essential to human existence, and they are also the number one reason people seek therapy. My biggest discover thus far is how warped we as a society view relationships, and how unrealistic we are in our expectations. You'll get this as I start to actually blog. Basically, I need a place to voice my thoughts on this learning process, and I also want feedback from those on the outside of the counseling profession. I'm hoping this will help me to be a better therapist, so humor me! :)

4. Ignore my grammar. One thing I have learned through the years is I get stuck trying to make sure each sentence is perfectly grammatically correct, and it hinders the writing process. I'm going to try and ignore my OCD tendencies and just let the words flow. Be prepared for run-on sentences and comma splices!

5. Nothing I say will be directed at anyone, and will not be designed to piss you off. If something perturbs, stop and ask yourself why. If you don't know, ask me!

Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment